Thursday, March 15, 2007

Well, I've decided to start on a new venture... Administrating an online 'radio' station - also called a streaming server. Basically, it is a single stream of music that goes out from my computer, and then gets broadcast to piles of people (hopefully) :) by my webhost's server. This is more or less a test to see if the idea will fly or not.... Before I spend piles of money and time on something that won't even support itself. Currently, I have six albums on board from 2 different distributors who graciously gave me permission to use their music. As I wrote on the stream's website, though, if you know of any music that would fit the tenor of this stream, go ahead and contact me... You may be entitled to 6 months of free high-quality stream service once this thing goes live for real. :-D
Also, please notice that this is still a beta-release... v0.8 to be exact. What this means in layman's terms is: there are still bugs to be worked out, and things to do, but it is getting closer to the point that I can call it a reliable service. You may experience "blackouts," skips, or other odd behavior... If you have time, and are willing, shoot me a quick note from the contact form, and tell me what you are having trouble with. I'd love to help you out. Also, there is a forum that will be available to get assistance on. You can find it here.
Also notice that most of this will be moving to www.shilohstream.com whenever I get that set up.

Thanks, and enjoy!!!
-Ryan

P.S. If you like it, pass the word around... Also, if you want little blog sidebar ads, just contact me. Thanks!

1 Comments:

  • Sorry, folks, about the long outage... We're working on it right now...

    ~The ShilohStream Team~

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home