Thursday, November 16, 2006

Time is SHORT! (2)

There is peace and contentment, in the Father's house today.
Lots of food on His table, and no one is turned away,
There is singing and laughter, as the hours pass by;
But a hush calms the singing as the Father sadly cries: (refrain)

Refrain:
"My house is full, but my fields are empty!
Who will go and work for me today?
It seems my children all want to sit around my table;
but no one wants to work in my fields."


Push away from the table, look out through the window-pane;
Just beyond the house of plenty, lies a field of golden grain!
And it's white unto harvest, but the reapers, where are they?
In the house! Oh, can't the children hear the Father sadly say: (refrain)

Your house is full, but your fields are empty!
We will go and work for You today!
We will not only sit and feast around your table,
But we'll go gather grain in your fields.

I'll go winning souls from the world.
I'll go let my light shine for You.
I'll go bring the heathen to Light.
I'll go tell my friends of your Love.

-- --- -- --- -- --- -- --- -- --- -- --- -- --- -- --- --

Where are you??? It's great to be part of the Family of God, and to bask in His love and grace... But, there are still those that need to hear... Let's "push away from the table!"

"Oh, I'll go out and win souls for Christ someday," we lazily sigh... — Brother! Sister! That "someday" may will never come!

...to be continued...

2 Comments:

  • "My house is full, but my fields are empty!
    Who will go and work for me today?
    It seems my children all want to sit around my table;
    but no one wants to work in my fields."


    AMEN!!! What a powerful thought!

    By Blogger Becc@, at 2:14 PM  

  • One of my favorite songs!

    By Blogger muzic4him, at 1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home