Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Our Heavenly Shepherd...



“For thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I, even I, will both search my sheep, and seek them out. As a shepherd seeketh out his flock in the day that he is among his sheep that are scattered; so will I seek out my sheep, and will deliver them out of all places where they have been scattered in the cloudy and dark day. And I will bring them out from the people, and gather them from the countries, and will bring them to their own land, and feed them upon the mountains of Israel by the rivers, and in all the inhabited places of the country. I will feed them in a good pasture, and upon the high mountains of Israel shall their fold be: there shall they lie in a good fold, and in a fat pasture shall they feed upon the mountains of Israel. I will feed my flock, and I will cause them to lie down, saith the Lord GOD. I will seek that which was lost, and bring again that which was driven away, and will bind up that which was broken, and will strengthen that which was sick: but I will destroy the fat and the strong; I will feed them with judgment.” —Ezekiel 34:11-16

6 Comments:

  • Thank you for that. We often need to be reminded that the Lord will seek us out. Such a wonderful promise.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:18 PM  

  • Very beautiful and encouraging.

    The Father's love and deep concern for His children is very sweetly and vividly portrayed in that passage of Scripture... it really blessed my heart.
    It reminded me of John 10:7-18. I just love Jesus loving, compassionate words toward His sheep. How could we ever go wrong with such a Shepherd?

    By the way, Ryan, I really like that picture of those sheep! I imagine that you took it yourself somewhere...? It might sound funny coming from me, but I've always loved sheep, and especially lambs. :-)
    Thanks for sharing that passage and picture!

    By Blogger Rachel Marie, at 4:48 PM  

  • Amen, Monica!
    “How think ye? if a man have an hundred sheep, and one of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray? And if so be that he find it, verily I say unto you, he rejoiceth more of that sheep, than of the ninety and nine which went not astray. Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish.” Matthew 18:12-14

    Thanks, Rachel!

    Hey, do you know the song: "A Faithful Shepherd is our Lord"???

    Yes, there is a sheep-farm about seven miles from here, and as I was driving by the other day, I pulled over, rolled down my window, and took the picture. Someday I'll have to take the time and get some good lamb pictures... I agree (no, I don't think it's strange that you like them!) little fuzzy lambs are hard to dislike! :-)

    God Bless!
    -Ry
    --
    “And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.” Luke 11:9

    By Blogger Ryan H, at 3:04 AM  

  • I’m sorry, but I don’t believe that I do know the song “A Faithful Shepherd is our Lord.”
    Are you looking for the music or lyrics, or something? Or is it that it’s a really good song/hymn, or what? The title sure makes it sound like a beautiful song... I looked in all our hymn and song books, and couldn’t find it. I guess if you do have the music and/or lyrics, I would also enjoy hearing of it. :-)

    Oh, and yes, do get some pictures of the lambs sometime when you’re able; I’d love to see them.

    God’s richest blessings!

    By Blogger Rachel Marie, at 12:31 PM  

  • Hey, Rachel,
    I'm sorry, I never got back to you... Yes, I have the music from a tape. I don't believe I have the sheet-music, though. If I find the tape that it is on, I'll have to get it to you sometime.

    Blessings,
    Ryan

    By Blogger Ryan H, at 3:43 AM  

  • Funny, I've just found this in my search for "A Faithful Shepherd is My Lord." It is very beautiful and comforting and our choir is singing it for Good Shepherd Sunday 4/27/08.
    Melody by Johann Georg Nageli, Arranged by Carl Stein, Edtited by Walter E. Buszin. Copyrights are with Paul A. Schmitt Music Company and Belwin-Mills Publishing Corp.
    Look it up, hear it, sing it and be blessed!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home