Tuesday, April 18, 2006

A Living Sacrifice

“I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.” Romans 12:1-2

We lift our voices, We lift our hands,
We lift our lives up to you,
We are an offering.

Lord, use our voices, Lord use our hands,
Lord use our lives, they are Yours,
We are an offering. —Dwight Liles

"During the Civil War, George Wyatt was drawn by lot to go the front, he had a wife and six children. A young man named Richard Pratt offered to go in his stead. He was accepted, and joined the ranks, bearing the name and number of George Wyatt. Before long, Pratt was killed in action. The authorities later sought again to draft George Wyatt into service. He protested, entering the plea that he had died in the person of Pratt. He insisted the the authorities consult their own records as to the fact of his having died in identification with Pratt, his substitute. Wyatt was thereby exempted as beyond the claims of the law and further service. He had died in the person of his representative." –From 'Embraced by the Cross'

“I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.” –Galatians 2:20

Dear Christian, are you still living to sin? remember that "Christ's death for sin, is automatically your death to sin. God's way of victory and deliverance is to cut us right off from the Adamic tree, and to graft us into Christ, joining us to Him in death. Apart, then, from any choice of my own, as a believer 'I am crucified with Christ.' My being a Christian makes inevitable a crucified life." –L.E. Maxwell

"Dead to the world would I be, O Father!
Dead unto sin, alive unto Thee;
Crucify all the earthly within me,
Emptied of sin and self may I be." –Elisha Hoffman

-- --- -- --- -- --- --

This is my heart's cry... That I could be totally dead to this flesh, and the world, and that I could "...press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:14

Keep on fighting, fellow soldiers!!!!!

10 Comments:

  • Amen! Death to self, means life in Christ...

    "Only by fighting will we make warriors. We must learn not only how to use our weapons, but what are Captain would have us to do with them."---General William Booth

    "For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
    (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty thru God to the pulling down of strong holds;)" -2Corinthians 10:3&4

    Yes, keep fighting!=)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:45 AM  

  • Thank you for the exhortation to "Fight the good fight" (II Timothy 6:12) It is to easy to grow complacent and laid back.

    I was especially impacted by the story of George Wyatt. Wow. What a story. And yet that is what Christ has done for me!

    Thanks you for posting this!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:33 PM  

  • Hey, Ryan,
    I just saw your Blog and I think it's
    neat, and I like the picture of your self it looks good.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:40 PM  

  • Amen, Rachel! We cannot expect to become warriors through lackadaisical Christian lives...

    "Am I a soldier of the cross,
    A follower of the Lamb,
    And shall I fear to own His cause,
    Or blush to speak His Name?

    Must I be carried to the skies
    On flowery beds of ease,
    While others fought to win the prize,
    And sailed through bloody seas?

    Are there no foes for me to face?
    Must I not stem the flood?
    Is this vile world a friend to grace,
    To help me on to God?

    Sure I must fight if I would reign;
    Increase my courage, Lord.
    I’ll bear the toil, endure the pain,
    Supported by Thy Word.

    -Isaac Watts

    ----

    Thank you, Bethany! Yes, if I could only get a glimpse of what Christ in his everlasting love did for me at Calvary... I certainly wouldn't be ashamed to speak out for Him!
    "Lord, give us a vision of souls gone astray..." -O. S. Davis
    May God bless you!

    -Ryan

    By Blogger Ryan H, at 8:32 PM  

  • AHEM! How come you have'nt responded to me yet? it's been days... =)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:35 AM  

  • AHEM! How come you have'nt responded to me yet? it's been days... =)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:36 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:37 AM  

  • Oops I acciddntally published my coment twice. Sorry about that =(
    Just trying to get my point across =)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:42 AM  

  • Well, Chris, I guess I didn't really know what to say back to you other than "Hi," so I guess I'll just say "Hi!" :-D Thanks for posting, and Keep looking up to Jesus!!!

    See you next week! Oh, tell your Dad hello for me too! Thanks!

    God Bless,
    -Ry
    --
    "“For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.” 1 John 5:4"

    By Blogger Ryan H, at 12:18 PM  

  • Hey Ryan
    I like the story of the man who died in the place of Goerge Wyatt some timmes thous little storeis show us in a small way what Jesus did for us. God bless

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home