Thursday, April 13, 2006

Declaring the Glory of God

“The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge. There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard. Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun, Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoiceth as a strong man to run a race. His going forth is from the end of the heaven, and his circuit unto the ends of it: and there is nothing hid from the heat thereof. The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple. The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes. The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether. More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb. Moreover by them is thy servant warned: and in keeping of them there is great reward. Who can understand his errors? cleanse thou me from secret faults. Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression. Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.”
—Psalms 19:1-14

This Psalm was a real blessing to me this morning, as I was sitting in my room, doing my devotions.  I could hear the birds warbling and chirping outside, I felt the slight breeze wafting through my opened windows, and I really had to think of the commencing statement of king David...  “The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork."  David must have had an exceptional day, the time that he wrote this psalm!  His heart was overflowing with thanksgiving for all the works of God!
I took a walk yesterday, and looked around at how spring has totally transformed our barren yard into a viridescent oasis of life...  Trees budding, grass growing, worms tilling the soil, fish swimming in our pond...  Ah, the fetters of an icy winter have been broken by a GLORIOUS springtime!  What a beautiful picture of what the work of Christ does for the barren soul of an unregenerate man!  In 2 Peter, it says:  “And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.” —2 Peter 1:5-8

4 Comments:

  • That was a blessing, Ryan! The marvels of creation have such a drawing effect to the awesomeness of God!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:04 PM  

  • Forgot to mention, beautiful photography!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:06 PM  

  • Thank you, but you can give God the glory for providing the subjects! :-) "This is my Father's world!"
    -Ry

    --
    “As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God.” Ps. 42:1

    By Blogger Ryan H, at 1:23 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home