Monday, May 26, 2008

Rejoice in the Lord

God never moves without purpose or plan
When trying His servant and molding a man
Give thanks to the Lord, though your testing seems long
In darkness, He giveth a song

Oh, rejoice in the Lord
He makes no mistakes
He knoweth the end
Of each path that I take
For when I am tried and purified
I shall come forth as gold.

I could not see through the shadows ahead
So I looked at the cross of my Savior instead
I bowed to the will of the Master that day
Then peace came and tears fled away

Now I can see testing comes from above
God strengthens his children and purges in love
My Father knows best and I trust in His care
Through purging, more fruit I will bear

1 Comments:

  • My sister and I used to sing this song a lot- One of our favorites. Thanks for reminding me of it :)!

    By Blogger Emily Mitton, at 11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home