Thursday, May 01, 2008

Break My Plans

Nikolae Moldoveanu wrote over 8000 songs; songs that are still sung all over Romainia. While he was a young man, he was imprisoned for writing Christian music. Sentenced to 10 years of hard labor, and enduring physical torture, he continued to write songs about his God. He wrote 360 hymns while incarcerated, and would recite 60 songs per day to prevent himself from forgetting them. Sometimes he would share his songs with other inmates who would then tell others after their release about this man who wrote songs in prison. It was the only way that his family knew he was still alive.

Several years after his incarceration, the authorities told him that he could be set free if he would stop writing songs. His reply? "Just keep me here and save yourself and me the trouble. I will never stop worshiping my God with my praise songs"

Years later, when his family was interviewed, his wife told the interviewers that he begins his day at 7:00am with two hours of prayer and Bible Study. If he wakes up two minutes late, he scrambles out of bed, upset that he is late for his appointment with the Lord. His daily prayer is simply: "Lord, break my plans."

-adapted from an article by Mikah Boudreaux

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home