Sunday, April 22, 2007

The Music of Heaven...

I was contemplating the other day how much I missed singing with other people. I just love to sing... Many of my friends think that I am half-cracked, but I just have something buried deep in my soul that responds to music—especially well-done arrangements of good old hymns. I have always had the dream of starting a small singing group; praising God, and having a good time of fellowship....A dream that has never been realized.
As I was mulling over these things, this song came to my mind: The Music of Heaven. I was struck with its simple, yet profound truth:
The music of heaven is sweeter in measure,
And purer in every strain,
Than the music of earth though it fills us with pleasure,
As it thrillingly rolls over valley and plain.
The music of heaven is sweeter in measure and purer in every strain than the music of earth.... That will be GLORIOUS!
When I get to heaven, there will never be a yearning in my heart to keep on singing long after the rest of a group is tired of singing for the evening. There will never be that sad realization that I can't find enough friends who want to sing with me, or that the ones that do want to sing, live too far away... I'll never have to worry about the fact that I can't always sing perfectly. Nor will I have to worry that my voice wears out before I am finished singing, and I won't have to sit in front of my computer, recording, and overdubbing a song four times to sing 4-part harmony on a song! (yes, I'm that desperate! :-p [it sounds terrible, BTW, just ask Dad! *~* ])
No, all that will be behind me, for:
"When we've been there ten-thousand years, bright, shining as the sun, we've no less days to sing God's praise, than when we've first begun!"
Now that sounds like bliss to me!!!!

2 Comments:

  • ...And for those of you who are wondering... Yes, I am working on the 3rd post for PGM. Sorry for the long wait! :-)

    By Blogger Ryan H, at 8:11 PM  

  • *sniff, sniff, sniff* I'm unfortunately one of those who lives too far away!! I know your feeling well! There haven't been too many I've met who like to sing as much as I do....and all those are not near in location!

    And hey, and that four part stuff you've done doesn't sound that bad! The first time I played 'Blest Be the Tie That Binds' for dad, he asked me where I'd found the cool men's quartet! :-)

    Maybe your dream of a singing group will be a reality some day! I sure hope so! Keep dreaming! I've got a couple more song ideas I've been meaning to e-mail you sometime - hopefully one of these days I'll get around to it!

    God bless!

    By Blogger muzic4him, at 9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home