Tuesday, November 04, 2008

No Internet...

Since there just isn't a way to get internet out to where we are living at the present, there will be a dearth of posts appearing on this blog, as well as on PhotoJewels. I do have internet on my phone (how this post came to be. :] ) and at work, but by far, when I do have free time, I don't have online access.

It's been quite freeing, actually. I have no excuse now to stay up to all hours of the night doing work or researching something new that really doesn't matter anyway.

God is so good at teaching us what things are truly important in life, if we let Him. How many times I let trivial things interrupt my time with Him, yet He patiently waits for His errant children.
Oh, that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, for his wonderful blessings to the children of men.

One of the things that God has been trying to teach me is contentment. I know it seems like a given, that we are to be content, but so many times I find myself wishing things were just a little bit different-wishing that perhaps God had me in a different place, or learning a different lesson. May I learn to rest in the blessed fact that my heavenly Father knows best!

1 Comments:

  • We'll miss seeing new posts here, but I really do understand the freeing it brings to not have internet available... I found that out in Missouri: just how much more free time I had when opportunity to waste it via the computer was not there. It was pretty surprising!

    Contentment is no small feet. But, "Godliness with contentment is great gain"!!

    God bless!

    By Blogger Emily Mitton, at 5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home